Friday 5 August 2016

Sorry dry shampoo lovers....


The beauty industry has been taken over by dry shampoo so many brands have them in various different types and even smell but are these brilliant hair savers bad for our hair??

I never realised how much I used dry shampoo until it ran out but I have tried to stop myself from using it as often as I did and my hair seemed to benefit from me not using it. This post may be a little tmi but I feel like it is something that us girls should sort of know about when religiously using dry shampoo.
There are so many things that people don't know about dry shampoo like how it isn't as new as what we thought, and not to rub your hair once applied as the oils in your fingers will make it oily again because that's how it got oily in the first place.

When you think about dry shampoo it stops us from washing and shaping our hair at least twice a week which damages our natural oils that are needed to not dry out the scalp and so you may find that your scalp flakes more, when it first happens you just think that it's from using too much shampoo but is it??

A flaky scalp can damage your hair more than you think and can result in additional hair loss.

From a personal experience this only happened to me twice as I soon realised that it was the dry shampoo and I had to stop using it or at least not use it as much so I limited myself to 2 times a week maybe with an odd occasionally exception but I think that with dry shampoo you forget to wash your hair and so the good stuff in shampoo and conditioner are not able to work on you hair which could result in slightly more damaged hair.

So have you noticed anything like this because I urge you to consider how many times you use your dry shampoo and whether it is really helping your head and hair??

Speak soon lovelies
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment