Wednesday 24 August 2016

Made some cakes that finally worked......🎂🎂

You may or may not have known that we used to have a blog and on that blog I made some very bad cupcakes which I sort of joked about saying "how not to make cupcakes" but I wanted to almost christen this blog with a baking post and I was praying that this one would work and not fail as it was just typical that the bake didn't work.

Anyway, just a bit of back story that everyone loves. So I used the recipe below:




110g Butter
110g Sugar
110g Self- Raising Flour
less than 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium eggs
1 tub Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Style Icing





This recipe is very simple and easy to follow by first cream sugar and butter together.


Then mix in eggs with vanilla extract.



Sift in flour with baking powder mix all together till smooth then separate into cases.


I've found the best way to separate evenly into cases is to use an ice cream scoop especially those ones that are round.

Anyway, bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown when knife inserted and comes out clean.

Leave to cool for 10 minutes or longer.

Whilst cooling either prepare piping bag or you can use the technique I used to ice by applying the Cream Cheese Icing then spreading with spoon and spiralling around to create desired style.





Hope you liked this post let me know your favourite cupcakes flavours in the comments.
Thanks lovelies
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment